Monday, February 16, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #52 What to Read

The Next Generation: iStar
02/02/09

What should I read next? My favorite book for some time now is Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. When I searched for read a like books, I was a little disappointed, it gave me a list of books that are from the most popular YA authors, which typically deal with a teen drama. Sorry, seen it. I was looking for something different. As I searched for read a-likes with What should I read next?, I was surprised with how I didn’t recognize the titles. With a further search of those authors, I recognized a few books that I read and enjoyed before. I like the list a whole lot more.

Morton Grove Public Library Webrary gave me a pretty good list for fourth graders, females in particular.

Recommendations for a fourth grade girl who loved animals: I, Houdini by Banks, Lynne Reid and Emma and Freckles by Beales, Valerie.

Book recommendations for a thirteen year old who was looking for ghost stories:
Time for Andrew by Hahn, Mary Downing and Dial-a-Ghost by Ibbotson, Eva

Dean Koontz read-a-likes: It was fairly easy to search for a read-a-like for Koontz, all you have to do is type in the author name and you will, right away see the link for read-a-like authors. The second resource I used was, again, What should I read next? Here are my results
NoveList Plus: John Saul, Dan Simmons, and Charles Grant.
What should I read next?: Kevin Anderson, Stephen White and Kathleen Givens.


Using the Morton grove Public Library website, I found the following information:
Song of the Lioness (Young Adult)

Book Title
1. Alanna: The First Adventure
2. In the Hand of the Goddess
3. Woman Who Rides Like a Man, The
4. Lioness Rampant

No comments: